Originally uploaded by ChurchCrawler.
CATHEDRAL OF OUR LADY OF DOLOURS (aka ST MARIE - RC), WREXHAM
Of the four today, probably the least interesting and least memorable church. By E W Pugin, 1857, with SW tower and broach spire, and a clerestoried nave and aisle with lower chancel. Here is the only quirk as the east window is a spherical triangular window filled by tracery. The low sun streaming through this window made an interior very difficult. Horrible plain north transeptal extension and a similar blocking of the south chapel arch in a perverse way only the 1960s or early 1970s could have done.
On the walk back to the stadium Janet discovered her umbrella cover which she had lost earlier (but not discovered until St Giles's porch) on the railway bridge! More luck, and still more in the stadium as Rovers huffed and puffed for long periods but ultimately as so often recently the football spoilt an otherwise splendid - and otherwise lucky - day!
More pictures on Flickr from this day.