Saturday, July 09, 2011

St Andrew, Naunton, Gloucestershire

Oh dear, perhaps senility is setting in, as here was another place to receive a revisit. I proceeded straight to the local pub for an early lunch (and it was yum!) Sat outside in the sunshine with a scrummy pint of local Donnington ale, all felt familiar, and indeed I was here (church AND pub) in 2001, when I took a series of 1megapixel photos of poor quality featuring Rolf and Alla looking around what is essentially a rather dull church but one that features regularly in many shots of the village in "The Beautiful Cotswolds" calendars.
All is late Perp, nave and chancel in one and a north aisle. It is certainly better outside than in. To make up for this, there is a most beautiful stone pulpit of the C15. I was soon on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment