Monday, January 14, 2008

A long lunch in Wiltshire - part 1

My trust has recently moved its corporate HQ to Chippenham in Wiltshire and as a consequence it is now holding meetings there. The site has good parking but being over 20 miles away from where I am based it usually means a whole morning or afternoon out.
Yesterday I had the unusual day which started and ended with a meeting in Chippenham, one 9-12 and the other 3-5. I also have built up many hours of "time owing" so what better thing to do than kill time with a few churches?
All the churches I visited today are in the same united benefice.

ST PETER, KINGTON LANGLEY
has no real history but was built as a victorian chapel-of-ease, and is now a parish church. It dates from 1855-6, a simple nave and lower chancel with lancets and a bellcote over the west gable.

Lunch taken at the Hit and Miss Inn here - lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment